Australia’s unprecedented weather extremes have wreaked havoc on our cars, homes and communitiesacross QLD, VIC, NSW and ACT. Our first priority is your safety, so if your home has been affected, our teams are on the ground to help. We can also arrange emergency accommodation while the damage is assessed and repaired.
As you can imagine, the bushfires, recent hail activity and even flash flooding has led to high volume of calls and webchats, which may lead to delays during this time. Sit tight, we will absolutely get to your claim and help you through the process.
The NRMA Insurance claims department has rostered on extra teams who are working closely with our specialists and have increased our call centre capacity to help resolve your claim as quickly as possible and get you back on your feet. We truly appreciate your patience.
See below for some helpful information.
What if my car isn’t safe to drive?
If your vehicle has broken glass or windows and isn’t safe to drive, NRMA can arrange for it to be towed to a holding yard or triage centre where assessors will determine if your vehicle is repairable – just be sure to mention it when making your claim.
With NRMA’s Comprehensive Car Insurance you’ll be covered for hail and storm damage. But depending on how bad your vehicle is damaged by a hailstorm; repairs can take anywhere between two days to two weeks.
How long do I have to lodge a claim?
There’s no deadline as to when you need to inform us about your claim, but it’s a good idea to get in touch as soon as possible, so that we can help.
Our claims management line is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and our online claims centre is operational 24/7.
How do I lodge a claim?
During this time, we have extra staff onboard to assist with your claims.
Click here to get your online claim started or call us on 131 123.
After lodging a claim, how long will it take for NRMA to get in touch?
If you’ve already lodged a claim, one of our Specialists will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, we aren't able to organise call-backs through Facebook at the moment due to the high volume, but you can talk to a helpful webchat consultant here.
I’ve already lodged a claim. What’s next?
Our Specialist Hail Repairers are currently in the process of securing and setting up sites to handle the volume of assessments and then action the repairs as quickly as possible.
If your property was affected, our builders are prioritising the completion of make safes and will be in touch to book your property assessment in, as soon as they can.
Once we have all these details ready, we will be in contact with you via phone or SMS.
Who will repair my hail damage?
To give you confidence when the unexpected happens, NRMA Insurance has partnered with trusted Specialist Hail Repairers, who we know will provide you with the highest standards of quality and service.
Our Specialist Hail Repairers are:
- Action Smart Group
- Aussie Hail Pty Ltd
- Bears Paintless Dent Repairs
- Smart Repair.
To help you get back on the road sooner, follow our step by step guide below.
1. Once the storm passes, make sure it’s safe to assess your vehicle and be mindful of any damage that may have been caused by the storm. If it’s safe, assess your vehicle and take photos of the damage to include in your claim.
· Your personal details, policy number and type
· A description about what happened
· The date and location of the incident
· Photos of the damage
3. After your claim has been lodged, our claims team will review all your information, and contact you if they need any further information. You’ll be able to choose your repairer, book an inspection time and get your repairs started. You can also track and manage your claim online in your Self Service Centre account, as well as upload photos of the damaged vehicle and more.
4. Once at the repair centre, your vehicle will be evaluated by a specialist hail repairer and you’ll have the option to meet and chat with specialist repairers, motor assessors, claim staff and glaziers if your vehicle needs any glass replacing.
5. Once the damage is identified, and if repairable, a time and date will be booked in for you to drop off your vehicle for repair.
6. When you drop off your car, you’ll be given an approximate time frame for when you can expect your car to be fixed and ready for pick up.
7. If your vehicle is so severely damaged that it can’t be fixed, it will be declared a total loss and we’ll be able to settle your claim through your policy conditions as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about lodging a claim or its process, call us on 131 123or speak to our team via Webchat. From all of us at NRMA Isnurance, Stay Safe.